What started as hobby for Lou Harvey, has turned into an international brand that is being sold in the US, AUK, Singapore, UAE and many other countries. Founded in 2002 in Durban South Africa, Lou Harvey, a South African native, oversees her creative designs locally. This hands-on approach ensures a unique personal touch that Lou Harvey enthusiast has come to expect.
Lou Harvey’s flamboyant fabrics and designs are synonymous with effortless chic and recognized for their classic style with a modern twist. Her eye catching fabrics and prints are bold and perfect for bright summer days. The laid back relaxed South African designs appeal to conscientious buyers with a need for durable family friendly quality. These cutting edge and fully functional bags can be wiped down or thrown into the washing machine.
Hello Customers and Friends,
It was a pleasure to see so many returning and new customers at the NY Now Gift Show last week. Thanks for finding us in our new upstairs booth location.
- For those of you who didn’t attend (and for those who did too) I thought you’d like to hear our take on it in a few brief points.
- Aisles were busy, attendance appeared to be strong. Mixed reactions from vendors and buyers on the new booth locations – interspersing Textiles with Home Furnishings? It might take some getting used to.
- Growth in demand for ladies and children’s cotton sleepwear – all 4 of our new designs were winners.
- Trend to monochromatic tones shown in many booths. Our new cream Holiday Wreath on a Natural Linen was a knockout!
- Buyers still enjoy the benefits of touching and feeling – whether at a trade show or in a retail store.
- The January 2014 NY Now show will be interesting. Superbowl meets Gift Buying. Make your plans now
Some of our shoppers shown below, looking through our beautiful linens and #perfectwhitenighties.
I’d love to hear from you – please contact us if you need anything or have any questions.
Please like us on Facebook too – we will do the same for you.
Happy back to school season!