There is no question that your external environment affects your internal environment. When your bedroom is neat, comfortable, and decorated well, you are more likely to feel rested while inside. And a beautiful nightstand is part of all of this. While you are lounging in your Victorian pajamas, you will have everything you need for true relaxation right next to you.
Why does nightstand decor matter?
In the grand scheme of bedroom decor, the nightstand may not be the central focus. And for a good night’s sleep, your bed, mattress, and pajamas matter more. But the items on your nightstand can make or break your relaxation. Your bed and the surrounding area is your sanctuary, so you want it to look as luxurious as you feel. High quality decor items and other useful objects can help you sleep and feel rejuvenated every morning.
What should I include on my new nightstand?
The following items will make your nightstand perfectly complete.
- Embroidered Tissue Box Cover: A tissue box can be a true eye sore in even the most beautiful bedrooms. An embroidered cover will make it blend in perfectly to the rest of your decor.
- Books: Reading before bed is certainly a good habit to form, and a good book can also make your nightstand look that much more charming.
- Scent Sprays: About three-quarters of people say that they sleep better on sheets that smell of fresh linen. Keep a spray bottle next to your bed to give your sheets that extra boost of freshness. A hint of lavender can also boost your rest.
- Flowers: A vase of fresh flowers will tie a traditional decor scheme together perfectly. Whether you have a favorite or change the flowers with the season, these buds are sure to lift your mood. They might even match your boudoir pillow cases.
- Vintage Alarm Clock: A classic alarm clock is much more charming than a cell phone. And it will help you keep technology away from your bed.
Curl up in your white cotton nightgown and get ready for a cozy night at home. With embroidered tissue box cover and other sweet decor by your side, you are sure to wake up in the morning feeling well rested and luxurious. Sniff the flowers and reach for your book. You don’t have to get out of bed just yet.